Bank Holiday Weekend Driving Tips
Bank Holiday weekends are a busy time on Irish roads as people head away for a break.
Before you take to the road today, take a few minutes to consider these tips to save you time, hassle, money and maybe even your life!
- Make a basic mechanical check of the car. Check your fuel level, lights, oil level, coolant levels, tyre pressure, is there windscreen wiper fluid?
- Wear your seat belt, don't speed and Never drink and drive!
- Get your directions sorted before you leave. Fumbling with a phone for maps or an email or text directions is the cause of a huge number of accidents every year. Don't use your phone for anything while driving.
- Seriously, check your fuel levels! The AA report that they are called out to a dozen cars that have completely run out of fuel.
- If you're tired, pull over someone safe and grab a coffee or take a 15 minute nap.
- Don't drive home if you think you might still be over the limit or if you are severly hung-over!
Enjoy your weekend!