Skip to Main Content (Press Enter Key) Email Phone Map Arrow Right Chevron Down Chevron Up Close Menu Quotes Twitter Facebook YouTube Email Phone Check mark Plus

Home Insurance Buildings Cover

The Buildings Cover amount included in your Home Insurance Policy is the cover required to repair or replace the main structure of your home in the event of subsidence, fire or damage by extreme weather.

The Buildings Cover amount also covers any permanent fixtures in your home like built-in wardrobes, kitchen surfaces, taps, basins, baths and showers.

The Buildings Cover amount automatically includes outbuildings, boundary walls, gates, pools, drives and paths - plus temporary accommodation should your home be uninhabitable while it is being repaired after a claim.

Adequate Home Insurance Buildings Cover

You should ensure that your home has adequate Buildings Cover. This means that you should insure your home for the rebuilding cost or reinstatement value of your home – Not the market value of your house.

You can find the home-building cost figures in the Guide to House Rebuilding Insurance available from the Society of Chartered Surveyors