Buildings Cover Calculator
Recommended Rebuild Cost: €
Please note that the figures used in this Simple Home Insurance Buildings Cover Calculator are based on the The Society Of Chartered Surveyors, Guide to House Rebuilding Costs, March 2011, and should be used as a guide only.Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this Buildings Cover Calculator, Quote Devil Ltd. does not accept liability of any kind in respect of, or arising out of, the information, or any error therein, or the reliance any person may place therein.
Buildings Cover Calculator Guideline Cost
The rebuild cost produced here should be treated as a guideline to the MINIMUM value for which you should insure the structure of your home.Applying these rates to the area of your house will give you a base cost to which you should add cover for other costs, such as boundary walls, garages, etc.The insurance value for houses varies greatly depending on the type of house, i.e., Georgian, modern, with or without basement, etc. The costs here are based on typical, speculatively built modern homes which were built since the 1960s.If you have another type of house, for instance a Georgian or Victorian house, the guide rebuild cost given here will not be appropriate to adequately insureyour home.If your home is of this more unusual type, you should have a reinstatement cost assessment carried out by a Chartered Quantity Surveyor.The Rebuild Cost given in our Buildings Cover Calculator is based on a total loss situation, i.e., the home has been totally destroyed and has to be rebuilt.The Rebuild Cost given in our Buildings Cover Calculator does not include any allowance for contents such as carpets, curtains, loose furniture and domestic appliances.
Home Insurance Buildings Cover
The Buildings Cover amount included in your Home Insurance Policy is the cover required to repair or replace the main structure of your home in the event of subsidance, fire or damage by extreme weather.
The Buildings Cover amount also covers any permanent fixtures in your home like built-in wardrobes, kitchen surfaces, taps, basins, baths and showers.
The Buildings Cover amount automatically includes outbuildings, boundary walls, gates, pools, drives and paths - plus temporary accomodation should your home be uninhabitable while it is being repaired after a claim.
Adequate Home Insurance Buildings Cover
You should ensure that your home has asequate Buildings Cover. This means that you should insure your home for the rebuilding cost or reinstatement value of your home – Not the market value of your house.
Home Insurance Policy Excess
The policy excess on your insurance is the amount of money you will have to pay in the event of an insurance claim. For example, if your policy excess is €500, then you will have to pay the initial €500 of any claim.
Home Insurance Assumptions
You qualify for an instant online quote if:
- The premises being insured are not under construction or renovation.
- The premises are not let to students.
- Neither you nor any others residing with you have in the last three years:
- Made more than two household insurance claims nor
- Made claims totalling more than €5,000 nor
- Suffered any theft loss from the premises nor
- Had any claim made against you
- Neither you nor any others residing with you ever been refused insurances or had any special terms, restrictions or conditions imposed by any Insurer.
- Neither you nor any others residing with you have ever been convicted or received a caution from the Gardai or have a prosecution pending for any offence involving arson or other damage or loss of property or dishonesty of any kind (eg theft handling stolen goods, robbery, fraud etc )
- The premises is built of brick stone or concrete and roofed with slates tiles or other incombustible materials.
- Not more than 20% of the roof is flat or has a mineral felt covering.
- Specified item of €15,000 and over need to have a standard safe meeting required regulations and an alarm in the property. The item also must be kept in the safe at all times when not worn.
- Contents of €100,000 and over require an alarm in the property.
- The premises is maintained in a good state of repair and free from any signs of external or internal cracks.
- The premises are fully occupied and will not be unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days in any one year.
- The premises is not used for business or commercial purposes.
- The premises has never suffered damage through flood nor is there a history of such damage in the area.
- The premises show no signs of damage which may be attributable to subsidence, heave or landslip.
- The premises has never been monitored for subsidence heave or landslip nor has it ever been subject to a survey which mentions settlement or movement of the premises nor has it ever been underpinned.
- The premises is not subject to a Preservation Order.
Buildings Over 100 years or Greater
A dwelling over 100 years is only acceptable if it:
- Is in a good state of repair
- It has been re-wired and re-plumbed in the last 25 years
- If a property has not been re-wired or replumbed a professional report confirming the condition of the wiring and/or plumbing is required before cover can be considered.
- Has been re-roofed in the last 40 years
- If the property has not been re-roofed an engineers report confirming the condition of the roof is required before cover can be considered.
- Is occupied on a full-time basis.
MINIMUM SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
It is a condition precedent of liability under the Policy that:
- The Premises are fitted with the following security devices:
- All external doors are fitted with mortice deadlocks or deadlocking rim latches
- All French doors and/or patio doors are fitted with appropriate security locks
- Whenever the Premises are left unattended
- All doors and windows are closed and fastened
- All door locks as stated above are in full and effective operation
- All keys are removed from locks and kept in a secure place
Failure to disclose material facts could result in your policy being invalidated/cancelled, a claim not being paid or difficulty for you in obtaining insurance in the future. Material facts are those facts which might influence the acceptance or assessment of your proposal. If you are in doubt as to whether a fact is material you should disclose it.
In the event that you do not meet all the above criteria, unfortunately this web page cannot give you a quote.
All Risks Insurance
All Risk - Possessions normally worn or carried on the person outside of the home, e.g.: jewellery, items of clothing, photographic equipment. Please note: Mobile phones, hearing aids, sports equipment and pedal cycles are excluded.
- 1House details
- 3Your details
Home Insurance Key Benefits
Standard Home Insurance Benefits
- 24 hour emergency help line 1800 208 408
- Liability to Public €1,300,000
- Fire Brigade call out charges €1,500
- Accidental Damage on Buildings and Contents - Optional
- New for old cover!
- Fire smoke lightning explosion or earthquake Cover
- Storm or Flood Cover
- Subsidence Cover
- Cover against Theft, Riot, Civil, Labour or Political disturbance
- Vandalism Cover
- Escape of water from the bursting of any fixed domestic water or heating instillation.
- Escape of Oil
- Falling trees or branches
- Falling aerials
- Breakage of fixed Glass or sanitary ware
- Service pipes & cables
- Rent & Alternative accommodation
Buildings Insurance Cover Benefits
- Cost of tracing and accessing a leak €750
- Rent and alternative accommodation - 20% of the total Buildings sum insured
Contents Insurance Cover Benefits
- Liability to Domestic employees €2,600,000
- Deep Freezer Contents cover unlimited
- Personal money up to €400
- Credit Cards up to €650
- Door lock replacement up to €400
- Contents in the garden up to €500
- Title deeds up to €650
- Free 10% increase in contents sum insured for weddings and Christmas
- Rent and alternative accommodation - 20% of the total Contents sum insured
If you cannot get a quote here for one of the following reasons:
- built before 1900
- is a listed building
- has more than 20% Flat or a Felt roof
- is unoccupied
- is under course of construction or renovation
- has Subsidence or flood issues
- has high value items or specified items
- if you have had a claim over €5000 in the last three years
- you have a current open claim
- a theft loss in the past three years
- if you have been refused insurance
- had a policy cancelled
- have been bankrupted
Please email your contact details to email@example.com or ring Edel directly on 01 7998809.